Thursday, March 28, 2013

Time to Stretch

This is the first time to my memory that I've actually had Spring Break fall at the same time as Passover.

I've not thought about it in the past, but this is really quite a blessing.  To have the time and the motivation to take the time to be still. To be mindful of more.

For our Sedar dinner, we had roasted chicken for the meal.  I made a chicken salad with the left behind chicken and charoset (grated apples, nuts and cinnamon mixed with red wine, representing the bricks and mortar the slaves used in making the Egyptian buildings).  Last night, I boiled down the skin and bones and made a chicken broth for the freezer. And with the remaining broth, this morning, I made about six servings of homemade chicken noodle soup (of which I'm having a bowl even as I'm writing this!)

In the stretching of our Seder meal over this week, I can't help but be reminded of God's 'stretching' in our lives.

...stretching of His provision.  Just yesterday, I was going over our finances and saw that there was an additional 700$ dollars in our account that is usually not there at this time of the month.

...stretching of His faithfulness.  Many years ago, God set it in my heart that I would love and serve Him through loving and serving others.  He gave me a kind, honest, and disciplined partner to share in this call.  He walks with us day in and day out in His great faithfulness and in our faithlessness when we are tired. hungry. overwhelmed. discouraged.  you name it.  our faith is shaken by the smallest of things.

...stretching of His favor.  Reflecting this week, I am blindsided with God's favor over us.  Sure, we have endured trials and heartaches (heartaches that I am reminded of every Spring...), but He has never left us nor forsaken us.  I celebrate the abundant life that He has given me through the Messiah, Jesus Christ.

The sun has just come out and its warm today (43F!) Its time to stretch these legs and lungs of mine...

How have you been stretched?...

1 comment:

  1. i love this post so much. amen and amen.
    also love that 43 is warm, what has come over us!

    ReplyDelete