Friday, July 25, 2014

Tea. Flowers. Revisiting the years past.

A year and a half have passed since my last post.

Each time I decide to start writing again, I get this urge to start over, brand new. Once I went to Tumblir. Once, I tried to write a "newsletter" that I would send out quarterly by email...yeah, that didn't last.

So, here I am again. Inspired to write. And this time, I've decided just to pick up writing here.  The name of the blog still rings true. Simple methods do in fact have profound and lasting effects.

Despite the massive changes that have taken place in our lives in the last four years (including the last year and a half that I have neglected writing), I am still me. Still walking beaches and climbing mountains, smelling flowers, sipping beverages, and placing all my hope in this world in the God who made it.

So, in the year and a half that I did not write here, I began a children's book series. Phil left home for four months for away rotations. I grew and birthed a tiny human, a boy called Ransom, who is pretty amazing (I'm sure he will be the topic of discussion for many if not most of my posts). Phil graduated medical school. I finished my nurse practitioner program. We moved from Maine to Michigan. And Phil started his residency training as an OB/Gyn.

There ya' go. I think we're about caught up!

If you're new to my blog, join me in re-reading our adventures since 2010.  I've just filled my teacup with raspberry earl grey and opened the kitchen window to look out over my backyard cutting garden. There's nothing quite like the calm of afternoon tea while the baby naps and I rest.

Dad Honea hoods Dr. Phil. May 2014
My Honors society induction. May 2014



We moved from Maine to Michigan! June 2014
Fourth of July with friends! July 2014




Phil likes to send logs back to the "sea"...I mean, lake :)
Father's Day Brunch with my guys! Happy First Father's day Phil! June 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment