Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Eastern Mind. Western Heart. Northern Adventure. Southern Home.

Western logic and reason has never really felt quite right to me.  I thrive at a different pace and in a different state of mind; I will meet you tomorrow for tea and we can talk...'What time and for how long?' the West asks, 'Tomorrow for tea' responds the East.  


My heart grew up in the mountains.  I summered in Appalachia as a kid and took my first steps into adulthood always facing West, away from family and familiarity because there are some things that one must do alone.  

The wild and beautiful North has always whispered invitations to adventure and uncharted waters.  And I tend to like evergreens and sweaters.  And my husband.  He is old man, North.

Live oaks and muddy river banks will always be home--where I come from and always an easy return.  Warm breezes and cold drinks on the front porch because the truth be known...I've never met a stranger.  My southern home is always open. Much like my life.  

The invitation is everlasting.  

2 comments: