Sunday, February 10, 2013

A muffin minute...country girl style

In normal Sam-fashion, I've got a few minutes here (14 to be exact) and I'm going to make the most of them!

Roast is packed. Veggies are chopped. Banana Nut muffins are baking.

Another busy week awaits. Not even Nemo can stop this rat-race!  This week I'll be returning to my clinic further north in Midcoast maine.  Apparently they got more snow than us so I'm hoping the Wenus is up for the adventure (yes..I said Wenus. like Venus. but with a W.  the toyota is affectionately named the Wondering Wenus...I digress)

I'm learning a ton about what it means to be a primary care provider in a small town.  there is one grocery store and after only a few weeks in the clinic, people are coming up to me on the bread isle asking me to look at their kid's rash. good times.

In other news. I finally did some spring cleaning. I realize we just got 2 feet of snow, but gee whiz kidz, it was a steamy 34F today!!! I even opened our windows!

This upcoming weekend Phil and I are headed to our favorite camp in New Hampshire for a Christian Medical and Dental Association (CMDA) retreat with other greater boston members.  I'm so excited.  Again, like usual, I don't know what the content will be, but I'm sure it will be awesome.

As my kitchen timer is digitally mocking my slowness of typing, and my muffins attempt to burn, this country girl is making the most of her minutes.  I encourage you all to do the same this week.  Look for moments to seize. Chores to do that need to be done.  Oh, and remember to be joyful.  its hard work sometimes, but there is something so soul-satisfying about joy...

No comments:

Post a Comment